1. Health Care Benefits: Yes, we bill directly! That being said, not for every company. Here’s a list of the ones we have had success with – Manulife, SunLife, Great West Life, Chamber, Johnston Group/Maximum Benefits, Claims Exchange (formerly known as Johnson), Green Shield, Blue Cross, Equitable Life
- how much will my benefits cover – we have no way of knowing that as it is an agreement made between your employer and your benefit company. Here are some questions, you may want to ask:
- What is my allowance / year for paramedical benefits such as massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture etc
- Does my coverage start on a calendar or fiscal year
- Do I have 100% coverage or is it a split amount (co-pay)
- Is there a deductible
- Will I need a prescription from my MD and how long is it good for
- Can you pay my healthcare provider directly
2. How long should my first appointment be? We have different answers for this!
- Physiotherapy: your initial visit is for an hour for an assessment and a partial treatment if there is time still available. Every visit thereafter is a 1/2hr treatment
- Massage: that depends on what you would like out of your treatment. If you’ve never had a massage before and are unsure, we always recommend a shorter treatment 25-40mins. If you are coming for a specific condition and only wish that body part to be treated, the shorter visit will be sufficient unless it involves 2 or more body parts at this point, you would benefit from a longer treatment such as 40 or 55 mins. Best to ask when you call to make your initial appointment.
- Acupuncture: initial visit is 90 mins, enough time for a full assessment + a treatment. Every visit thereafter is 1 hour in length
- Bowen Therapy: each visit requires an hour length appointment time
- Exercise Coaching: Your initial assessment is 1 hour in length however there’s quite a bit of homework involved.